[pmwiki-users] More AuthUser problems

fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 30 19:49:23 CDT 2006

I had the session_save_path line in my config, but had it pointing at a non-existant subdir.  Stupid me!

However, when I point it to an existing subdir, I get the local value, but not the Master value.

And the passwords still don't work.

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:54:54PM -0000, fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com wrote:

> Might I suggest that the problems with AuthUser (which seem pretty

> wide-spread) might be related to versions of php, Win vs. Linux, etc?

> I am using IIS6 on Windows Server 2003 with php5 and can get

> neither AuthUser nor email notification to work.  I can use the

> admin, read, and upload username/passwords, but everything else

> (including the examples) fail.

Let's start with a basic diagnosis.  First, PHP often has trouble

on Windows systems because it doesn't set a proper value for the

session.save_path.  So, as a first step, try setting

    $EnableDiag = 1;

in the local/config.php file, then call the wiki with ?action=phpinfo.

Scroll down and look for the value of "session.save_path".  If it says

"no value", that indicates a problem in the PHP configuration.

The fix for this particular condition is to explicitly set a

value for session.save_path at the very top of config.php:

    session_save_path('C:\\TEMP');

(Choose any suitable directory for holding temporary files.)

If that doesn't resolve the problem, let me know and we'll provide

some more diagnostics.