[pmwiki-users] Putting ".html" extensions onto pages

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Wed Mar 1 09:30:35 CST 2006

Okay, I was working in the wrong direction. (Note to self: don't do
newsgroup before coffee.)

People who like *my* pages can get careless copying the URL. I rather
like that!

I can still see a problem, depending on how uploaded files work. Is
there a chance that the extension will be the only difference between an
uploaded file and a wiki page?

<Susan does some research on pmwiki.org. Gets conflicting results. Skins
to download are in http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/
But the pmwiki downloads are in
http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.0.13.tgz
So, not all uploads are in /uploads.>

I often have the same thing in .doc, .html and .rtf formats. I don't
recall having .shtml and .html that wasn't a mistake, but it's still a
possibility.

Aha! (We'll see. Track record is rather poor this morning.)

- If the requested page, with requested extension, exists, then use it.

- Otherwise, make the best guess for the wiki page (which is likely to
be dropping the suffix).

Susan