[pmwiki-users] Can a form input create a page?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 1 15:51:34 CST 2006

On Thursday, 2 March 2006 10:27 AM, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
>Imagine I have a wiki page with a form, say (just an example):
>Name
>Surname
>Address
>Phone
>Email
>Others
>
>Can I, as I submit the form, let it create a wiki page Name.Surname
>and containing all (or part) of the input values?
>
>Luigi

The wikiforms recipe does something close to what you want.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms

It lets you create and edit wiki pages using a form.

It automatically assigns a numeric page name, but lets you
define a form field as the page's (:title:).

It lets you link to a page by its title, as well as its name.

What it doesn't do is let you define the title as made up
of more than one field. However, it should be possible to
add support for this.

One advantage of using a title rather than a name is that
it's easier to change the title. What happens if you edit
the page and wish to change either first name or surname?

There are several wiki form recipes in the cookbook. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CompareFormsRecipes

You may be able to modify one of these to suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

--
JR