[pmwiki-users] ajax-like skins (was: new recipe ShowHide)

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Thu Mar 2 21:21:45 CST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 16:05, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm not sure I completely see or understand the claimed advantage here.
Well, I'm just speculating and describing. The maybe-usefulness is another
aspect entierly. The main benefit comes from being able to do one thing,
while another thing is happening. For example, and I'm quite sure this is a
bad idea, but it's just an example: the preview could update once a minute
with the state of the current text field, without the user noticing.

> the preview capability, I'm thinking that the much better
> approach may be to let ?action=browse accept markup text from a
> POST request, instead of reading the page.  Then, we can use a short
> javascript so that the preview button creates a new "preview" window and
That's a good idea. It would also fix one of the issues I had with my XUL
editor. With that, I had three tabs: edit, preview, and markup help. If I
could have it so that when you changed to the preview tab, it reloaded that
with the contents of the edit field, it would be good.

I should start work on that again some time. Right now I'm learning LISP and
R, and don't have the learning-space for another language however :)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian at jabber.kallisti.net.nz>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D