[pmwiki-users] More on AuthUser

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:24:14 CST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 16:06, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> The Cookbook.AuthUser page was written prior to 2.1.beta8, and hasn't
> been updated to describe the group capabilities.  (Eventually this
> is all going to be part of the PmWiki docs as soon as someone gets
> a chance to write it up.)
>
> But here's the basic way it works:
>
> 1. In the Site.AuthUser page, define groups of users using the @ syntax.
>    You can specify the users belonging to a group, as in
>
>        @editors: alice, carol
>        @visitors: bob, carol
>
>    or you can specify the groups for an individual user, as in
>
>        alice: @editors
>        bob: @visitors
>        carol: @editors, @visitors
>
>    (You can even mix the two styles -- whatever is most convenient.)
>
> 2. Then, to restrict a page or wikigroup to one of the above, just
>    use "@editors" or "@admins" as the password.  So, if you wanted
>    to restrict editing of pages in the XYZ wikigroup to the editors
>    user group, you would set the edit password on XYZ.GroupAttributes
>    to be "@editors".
>
> Pm

Patrick,
thanks 4 the quick answer. I am a bit confused thou .

I created the file Site.AuthUser in /wiki.d and added myself in the editors
group :
-sh-3.00$ cat Site.AuthUser
marco: @editors

Then I went to the page attr. I wanted to set ( namely,
http://192.168.0.2/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Test/TestPage?action=attr ) and have set
the read password to @authors ... but it asks me 4 username & password (which
are not mine ...) .
I then tried the "per group" approach on the Site.AuthUser file :
-sh-3.00$ cat Site.AuthUser
@editors: marco
with the same results.

Then I tried creating the Test.GroupAttributes and have set the read password
via pmwiki
(http://192.168.0.2/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Test/GroupAttributes?action=attr) to
@editors ...  with the same result :

-sh-3.00$ cat Test.GroupAttributes
version=pmwiki-2.1.beta30 ordered=1 urlencoded=1
agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20051010
Firefox/1.0.4 (Ubuntu package 1.0.7)
ctime=1141398947
host=192.168.0.4
name=Test.GroupAttributes
passwdread=@editors
rev=1
time=1141398947

What am I missing ???

TIA

Marco

--
As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport.
		-- Shakespeare, "King Lear"