[pmwiki-users] Timeout/short sessions

The Martins jnvm at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 3 21:35:42 CST 2006

I have a small class (17 users) in a high school computer lab, and we
started using my new wiki today (small, less than 30 pages right now). It
did not go well. Most (about 12) users reported being logged out after
editing even one line of text. When I got home, I tried the instructions at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FixShortSessions for a server I don't
directly control but I cannot find .httpauth file to copy. At home I have
never had any problems with the wiki and I suspect its the shared set up at
the lab causing issues (judging by what I've read here.)

The server is IIS with PHP, the wiki is fairly new (how do I find the
version? I downloaded it about two weeks ago...) and I am using Userauth v
.64 for handling logins. Each student has their own login ID, but they do
not have unique passwords. I've read all this about PHP and 24 minutes but
I don't think I can change that variable.

Any thoughts on how I can have these kids in the same place at the same
time and keep them "alive"? Or has this assignment just become strictly
homework?

John