[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 14:30:20 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:45:23PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-03-06  12:46 PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:20:55PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> >> I like this a lot. I would like to see a bit more emphasis for this
> >> section - perhaps a tinted background or bolded headings or just use
> >> the :term:definition markup?
> >
> >Pick a recipe and propose a modification...?  :-) :-)
>
> Hmmm. The phrase "Left as an exercise for the student" springs to mind. ;-)

At the time I was thinking more along the lines of "delegation
of work".  :-)

> However, please see the following for my proposal.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RandomQuote
>
> I used a light green tint, but a light gray would be just as
> effective (or annoying, depending on your perspective).

Looks good to me, or at least good enough that I'm going to go with it
for now.  Instead of explicitly listing the color in the >><<
section, I just defined a custom >>recipeinfo<< wikistyle for it so
that we can easily change it later.

And based on the feedback thus far, I think we should adopt the
new format for the Cookbook.  I've already updated the
Cookbook.Template with new format, and over time we can slowly
migrate existing recipes into the new format.

Thanks!