[pmwiki-users] if page exists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 16:13:55 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 11:06:30AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2006 4:52 AM, noskule at gmx.net wrote:
> >>do i still need the entry below in the config file?
> >>
> >>$Conditions['exists'] = "PageExists(\$condparm)"; # adds (:if exists SomeGroup.SomeName:)
> >
> FYI: this will conflict with PublishPDF's PDF output channel.
>
> This adds, for PDF requests only, a "MultiPageExists"
>
> (:if exists SomePage Anotherpage OrAnother:)
>
> This is required to support the opening and closing print notices,
> so that a group notice can override a Site notice.

Oops.  The version of pmwiki-2.1.beta36 that I just released also
added the (:if exists:) markup, albeit for a single non-wildcarded
page.

I looked through the PublishPDF's source for its definition of
(:if exists:) but couldn't find it.

If PublishPDF defines $Conditions['exists'] forcefully (i.e., not
through an SDV() call) then it will override pmwiki-2.1.beta36's
definition without loss of functionality.  If PublishPDF uses SDV,
then I probably need to fix the distribution.

The long-term goal of the builtin (:if exists ...:) will be to
handle both wildcards *and* multiple page existence tests.
If it's important that this get resolved quickly, I'll see
about writing it for the next release.