[pmwiki-users] EditGettingStarted (was: TextFormattingRules and BasicEditing)

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Mar 7 05:23:20 CST 2006

> I'll create a draft EditGettingStarted page and tidy the
> MarkupMasterIndex, with a (:title The Markup:), to bring things
> into line. This may not be for a day or so.

I would like to make the Master Markup very easy to find. It's actually
not too hard at the moment. However, consider the following:

Someone starts to use the wiki and looks through the Basic Markup
section and can't find what they want. Now if you are like me you would
think, "If I can just scan through a list of all the markups, I should
be able to work out which is the one I want." If there isn't a link on
the Basic Markup page to the full list, I would probably try typing
something in the Search Box. The question is what do I type?

So, it might be worth embedding some sort of meta tag of likely search
words in the Master Markup page that would be found by a search.

Also, pages that are a subset of some bigger picture, should have a very
obvious link to the comprehensive version.

Ian.