[pmwiki-users] EditGettingStarted (was: TextFormattingRules and BasicEditing)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 7 22:43:00 CST 2006

At 2006-03-08  05:24 PM +1300, John Rankin is rumored to have said:
>I keep thinking that
> >"EditGettingStarted" should be called something like "Basic
> >Editing" :-).
>
>How about "Start Editing"? (I added this as a title)
>
>I think the idea of "start" is important, as it implies
>there is more to come, rather than implying everything not
>"basic" is "advanced". The trouble with BasicEditing is that
>it's really easy to keep adding things to it "cos it's still
>basic editing", whereas GettingStarted is a pretty strong
>hint that it's only the start of a new and fulfilling
>relationship with your web browser.

Or how about EditingBasics or EditingIntro. I prefer the former
because it implies (as in John's point) that these are the basic
things you need, but not everything that isn't advanced. StartEditing
would be my third choice but I find it sounds too much like a command.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668