[pmwiki-users] Latin-1 (non-7-bit-ASCII) characters in WikiWord links?

mech mech at df.lth.se
Sat Mar 11 10:00:29 CST 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> I'm having trouble getting PmWiki working properly when I include my
>> native language special caharacers in WikiWord links. As it works when I
>> [ snip ]
> Your system would seem to be defaulting to the 'C' locale, or for
> whatever reason PHP on your system isn't recognizing the Latin-1
> characters as being letters.
>
> Try adding one of the following to local/config.php and see if it
> fixes the problem:
>
>    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US');
>    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en');
>    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'sv_SE');
>    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'sv');

You were right on the money. It was indeed locales that was the
culprit. After some digging around I found out that the C-locale
was the only locale working on the box. I tried on another box, and voila,
it works as expected.

Anyhow, I saw you were about to release 2.1 so I took some time to update
the swedish translations earlier today. Hopefully this will be
of use to someone else besides myself.

Your wiki-implementation is very nice indeed (and clean!).Thank you for
such a nice piece of software!