[pmwiki-users] Troubleshooting versus FAQ versus Error Messages versus ...?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 11 20:26:01 CST 2006

On 3/11/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm having difficulty understanding the purpose behind having
> separate pages for
[...]
>     Questions

The Questions page exists to deflect people from posting random (not
Frequently Asked) questions on the FAQ page.  Cleaning up the FAQ page
for 2.0.0 was not easy, and I didn't want it to need to be done again.
 The first FAQ Q/A pair is:

    How do I get my question answered?

    The quickest and best way is to join the pmwiki-users Mailing List
    and post your question there. If it really is a frequently-asked
    question, it will eventually be added to this page.

    An alternative way is to leave your question on the Questions page.

The questions page has a reference to the FAQCandidate page, which is
for question with answers.  So...

Questions - Unanswered questions
FAQCandidate - Questions with answers
FAQ - FA Questions with answers