[pmwiki-users] Lost Edits

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 12 15:28:52 CST 2006

On 3/12/06, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/12/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> >
> On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Scott Connard wrote:
>
> > I was editing and clicked Preview to check my results, scrolled down to
> > the bottom of the screen and forgot that I was previewing in the middle
> > of an edit, so I clicked the Edit button and lost my edits.
>
> It would be interesting to know how common this problem is.. and
>  especially if it is something that often happens to new users of PmWiki.
> If it is, we definitely should do something about it!
>  It happened to me a couple of times when I was new, and I've watched it
> happen to other newbies, too.  I've always looked at it as one of those
> lessons that we all learn "the hard way" (more painfully for some than for
> others, depending on what we've lost in the learning).

I agree; it's part of learning to work with computers.  Still, it
might be nice to provide authors with a bit more of a visual cue on
the preview area.

If the preview area could be set apart in a div or table, some CSS
styling could be used to make it look different from a normal page,
maybe with a border or [??].  The wikipage edit form makes that
difficult to do.

Hagan