[pmwiki-users] Update pmwiki using perl scripts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 08:47:21 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:06:45PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Just for the record (and this probably deserves a cookbook or
> > documentation page somewhere)...
>
> I'd be happy to start such a page, any idea on a suitable name? Perhaps
> something containing "API", e.g. PmWiki.API or PmWiki.API-Editing.

I'd go for PmWiki.EditingAPI .  There's two levels of API -- the
"external" API for utilities to be able to post PmWiki pages,
and the "internal" API for recipes to be able to hook into PmWiki's
editing sequence.

> >     authpw=password
> >     authid=username
> >
> > (PHP sessions that are already authorized for editing don't
> > need to re-send the authpw and authid fields, but they do have to
> > send the session cookie.)
>
> Is it enough to send 'authpw=...' and 'authid=...' when using Apache basic
> access, or is that a separate issue?

Ummmm, I'm confused by the question.  authpw= and authid= are just
the parameters for PmWiki's session-based authentication.  For
Apache/HTTP Basic authentication, one would have send the information
according to the HTTP Basic protocol (i.e. as headers in the HTTP
request).