[pmwiki-users] Bizarre problem...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Mar 13 09:57:08 CST 2006

Thanks Hans!

I had set the variables $SL (server location), $FL (field location)
and $BL (base location) in my config files, and then used these to set
my various config paths in PmWiki.  The idea was to just change $SL
from localhost to my domain when uploading my site and all would work.

Anyway, it worked beautifully, except somehow the CommentBox script
took the path literally and twisted it around to come up with BL.UK.
Not sure how exactly, but hardcoding the config paths definitely
solved the problem.

I never thought to look at the source, or I would have recognized
$BL/$FL. It's not really a problem, I suppose, but I wonder if the
comment box script should be adjusted to process variables like these,
rather than take them literally?

Thanks again, for helping out.
Caveman