[pmwiki-users] need to add categories to newly created pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 12:24:20 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 06:32:14PM +0100, Marco Ferretti wrote:
> > This part can be added as a recipe.
> mmm. I just happened to create a page (Test/TestPage) with the [[!category1]]
> markup in it. I searched 4 category1 ... and i got the page listed !
>
> Now something I probably have misunderstood . In the page I am talking about
> there's a link to the category "category1" . So if I click on it I expect go
> be redirected to /Category/category1; instead I am driven
> to /Category/Category1 ( note the capitals ... ) . Is it normal ? I am asking
> because it "may" affect the workaround I was thinkng about ...

Categories in PmWiki are pages like any other; and PmWiki currently
expects page names to begin with a capital letter.

So, [[!category1]] is effectively the same as saying
[[category/category1]], which PmWiki automatically treats as
a link to Category.Category1.  But note that the [[!category1]] link
still displays as "category1".