[pmwiki-users] New install gives 404

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 21:51:11 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 01:19:57PM -0600, Clint Stotesbery wrote:
>    I just installed pmwiki 2.1 on my host (windows with php 4.4.1). The
>    wiki.d folder was created automatically and the correct account has write
>    privileges on the wiki\wiki.d folder. I have a standard config.php so far
>    with just ScriptUrl and PubDirUrl set. I get 404 not matter what I try and
>    do when accessing a pmwiki page. Accessing index.php or pmwiki.php give a
>    404. I put a phpinfo.php file inside the main wiki folder (that contains
>    index.php and pmwiki.php) and that works fine. Any ideas on what I should
>    check next?

Very very strange.  If the wiki.d/ folder was created automatically,
that means that the pmwiki.php script is being run, so there
must be something else going on.

What version of IIS?

You might try adding the following line to config.php, and then
see if you're able to access pages:

    $PageNotFoundHeaderFmt = "HTTP/1.1 200 Ok";

(I'm guessing that this won't fix things, but I'd like to verify that
PmWiki's page-not-found header isn't the source of the problem.  I
do know that this setting is necessary under Microsoft's
"personal web server".)