[pmwiki-users] Formatting commands in Site.AllGroupFooter

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 14:09:39 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:57:12PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 07:04:38PM +0100, Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> > $GroupFooterFmt = '(:include $SiteGroup.AllGroupFooter:)(:nl:)'.
> >                   '(:include $Group.GroupFooter:)(:nl:)';
> >
> > My problem is that AllGroupFooter contains the following text
> >
> > ----
> > (:newpagebox:)
>
> The ---- might not be at the beginning of a line.
>
> Yes, I know, it's at the beginning of the first line of
> $SiteGroup.AllGroupFooter, but the page it's being appended to
> might not have a newline at the end.

Another suggestion I neglected to mention is to put the
(:nl:) markup at the beginning of AllGroupFooter itself

   (:newpagebox:)

This will also make sure that the ---- is always at the
beginning of a line, adding a newline if needed in order to
make sure that happens.  (:nl:) is a standard markup directive,
just like any other.