[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.1.0 released-Fatal error

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 16 17:48:27 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Robin Sheat <robin at kallisti.net.nz> wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 05:56, Susan wrote:
> > You know, this one happens a lot. (Puts up hand three times, that being
> > the number of times I've upgraded.)
> After getting tired of carefully updating my wiki install (not that it's
> hard, it's just that it's now easier), I've started just using the
> 'latest' tag on the subversion repository. That way, one command (svn
> update)

>From UPGRADE.txt...

  svn export svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest pmwiki --force

For anyone just starting with Subversion, try "export" instead, which
will just export the files.  Unless you are going to hack PmWiki
scripts and submit patches, you probably don't want to use "checkout"
/ "upgrade".

Here's the difference in size between two directory trees, one using
export, and one using checkout:

1.3M    pmwiki-export
4.7M    pmwiki-checkout

Hagan