[pmwiki-users] PmWiki helper functions (SDV,MakeLink etc.)

EuGeNe eugene at boardkulture.com
Fri Mar 17 14:24:08 CST 2006

Hi there,

Developping the AJAXified (:logbook:) I faced a small problem that I
haven't resolved yet to my full satisfaction.

Most of the PmWiki helper functions seems to be defined in the
pmwiki.php script which makes using them outside the PmWiki scope
impossible.

I guess that in most cases you wouldn't need to but for an
XmlHttpRequest call you may actually want to do that (I did). Initially
I thought about copying all the function definition in my script from
pmwiki.php and use $_SESSION to store all the required global variables
but SDV was easy but the dependencies of MakeLink make it ... not
impossible but fastidious (MakeLink->LinkPage-> ... ).

Anyone faced that problem? How did you overcome the problem?

For v 0.5 of (:logbook:) I just asked the user to tweak the code to deal
with the impossibility to use MakeLink but I am not fully satisfied with
that option.

Thanks,

EuGeNe