[pmwiki-users] Special chars in wikilib.d/files

Thomas Lederer celok at gmx.net
Fri Mar 17 20:32:05 CST 2006

Hello,

i am having a night full of headaches. There are files in the i18n files
that have special chars (mainly French and German files from what i see
(accents and umlauts), all the Japanese seem to work).

My problem is, that i am on a mac, and so i can't even untar the file
completely (which is a common and known mac issue). I now even tried
unpacking the i18n file on a windows machine, and copying the files
back, which didn't work either, the umlauts still cause problems (making
the files unreadable).

My question is: did somebody on this list have a similar problem, and
maybe has even a solution?

Best Regards,
Tom