[pmwiki-users] $AuthId gets lost (minor bug?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 19 10:00:40 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 08:16:40AM +0100, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> There is a strange phenomenon on my pmwiki (2.1.beta25).
> After changing   /Group/GroupAttributes the variable $AuthId is lost,
> (:if authid:)
> xxx
> doesn't display anymore.

Any time a page attribute is changed it has a side effect of
logging out the browser.  The reason for this is that lots of people
get confused and then ask "I set a password on XYZ but it doesn't work
-- I'm never prompted for the password!"  and the reason they aren't
prompted is because their current login privileges grant access to XYZ.

But this behavior can be disabled by setting in local/config.php:

    $EnablePostAttrClearSession = 0;