[pmwiki-users] problem with categories

akille.24444274 at bloglines.com akille.24444274 at bloglines.com
Sun Mar 19 17:10:44 CST 2006

Thanks - I guess I misinterpreted how categories worked. I thought they functioned
like tagging on other sites (ex. del.icio.us) where the tag is created on
the fly. I'll have to rethink the way I use the categories.

Angela Kille

--- DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com wrote:

You are doing everything correctly.
Basically what's happening is that

> the Category link points to a non-existing
page. The page looks like it

> exists because the GroupFooter contains the
(:pagelist :) directive.

> If you want the Category page to appear in
searches, etc, then you need

> to make sure the category page actually exists.
You can do this by

> simply editing the Category page and placing a single
space on the page.

akille.24444274 at bloglines.com 2006-03-16 06:38:

> >> Am I supposed
to add something to the config.php file to get this to work?

> >> Any help
is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

> > I'm not sure that this is the same
"problem" I had but does the actual