[pmwiki-users] Best practice for config file

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Mar 20 04:54:51 CST 2006

Jan Erik Moström schrieb:
> Could updating be made even simpler by moving all distribution files into one
> folder and all locally modified ones into another (for example two skins
> folders, in the local folder and one in the distribution) ...

I tend to rename the skin in actual use as "local". That keeps it
largely out of update troubles.

Other than that, the PmWiki layout is just fine. Since PmWiki comes with
no config.php, it isn't overwritten on updates. I just check that the
configuration is still doing what it's supposed to do (something that's
unavoidable on an upgrade - and another reason to keep the configuration
small).

Regards,
Jo