[pmwiki-users] wiki farm terminology

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 20 12:03:24 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:52:02PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> Although I'm not a fan of adding more directories, what if a default
> installation of PmWiki came with a separate 'farm public directory'? It
> could be another directory at the root, e.g. 'farmpub/', or perhaps a
> subdirectory to 'pub/', i.e. 'pub/farm/'.

No.  This just means that everyone has to deal with farm issues,
even those who aren't running farms.  (Where does the "pmwiki" skin
go?)

> Turning things around, you could theoretically place the local public
> directory into a subdirectory of local/, i.e. place it as local/pub/.

No, this means we have to have some things in local/ that are
available to browsers and other things that are not.  Having it
at the current directory is much simpler.