[pmwiki-users] wildcard user name in authuser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:32:50 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:28:14AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 08:46:06AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > I have a new wiki in my farm that needs to be protected by a read
> > password. All users will share the password.
> >
> > When a user first enters the site, I want to present a login screen
> > asking for a user name and password.
> > [...]
> > How do I do this with PmWiki 2.1.3?
>
> Edit the Site.AuthForm to read something like:
>
>     '''$[Password required]'''
>     (:messages:)
>     (:input auth_form:)
>     $[Name]: (:input text name=author:)\\
>     $[Password]: (:input password name=authpw:)
>     (:input submit value='OK':)
>     (:input end:)

After reading all of the various replies to this thread
trying to get a solution using AuthUser, I should probably
make it clear that the solution I'm giving above doesn't
use AuthUser or require any interaction with it.

(Since Neil isn't authenticating users, we really don't
want/need AuthUser in the picture.)

It also might be a good idea to change the name=author field
to be

     $[Name]: (:input text name=author value="{$Author}":)\\

so that any existing Author name is already filled in.