[pmwiki-users] controlling attachlist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:57:50 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 05:36:12PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > At 2006-03-21  10:21 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > >Or, we could say that a bare "Attach:something" displays size and
> > >upload date, while "[[Attach:something]]" displays the Attach:something
> > >link without any extra formatting or information.
> >
> > I would be happy with either solution, but I suspect that a new
> > markup would be a better choice since it will not break existing
> > sites. AttachVerbose: ?
> >

> Upload:something ?

>From an authoring perspective, "Upload:something" is what I would
use to refer to something I'm about to upload (as opposed to already
uploaded).  This is part of the reason that PmWiki has a preference
for the term "attachment" as opposed to "uploads" -- because to
people who are viewing the attachment, it's a "download" and not
an "upload".  :-)

I could probably live with AttachVerbose:, if it weren't so verbose.  :-)

Perhaps for the time being we can just provide a recipe that
changes the existing "Attach:" to display file size and time
information.  This leaves it optional, and a wiki administrator
could even set it to use "AttachVerbose:" or the like as an
alternative.