[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Wed Mar 22 12:23:18 CST 2006

>  It almost has to be system related somehow.  It's not as if the
>  code PmWiki uses varies in any appreciable way, so if PmWiki is ever
>  fast at generating a long pagelist, then any observed slowdowns must
>  be due to something else (or an interaction with something else).

In that case, I'm not sure if like a page on this topic would serve much
of a purpose after all. I was hoping that some admins had experienced -
and then solved - this sort of problem already... but if it's purely a
system problem, then that's another issue.

Then on the other hand...

>  My PmWiki site (2.1.3 with some cookbook recipes) is hosted in a Server
>  provided by my university (Nice University of France) and I have never
>  experienced a slow down of my PmWiki site.

If some admins (like myself) are frequently having performance problems,
and other admins (like Jean) *never* have these problems, then I think a
list of comparisons might help in isolating the problem. If you are
running a wiki that is always fast, I'd like to know how you have your
system set up, perhaps I could replicate it. That was really what I had
in mind for a "performance" page - who's having problems, who's not, and
how do their set-ups compare - including server, OS, recipes, PHP
version, etc.

Phil