[pmwiki-users] tweaking the operation of Site.AuthForm

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 22 12:45:21 CST 2006

I suspect the problem is that when it prompts you for the more
advanced password (your edit password) it considers you a new user
(with no name), and your old user name is lost.  You could try
initially logging in using your edit password with the author name and
make sure your read permissions include either password (ie, you may
need read = pass1, pass2). That way you can read or edit without
having to be prompted for a new password, and you will always have the
Author variable available.

But it seems strange that when prompted for the new password, that it
doesn't bring up your custom login page, and re-ask for your author
name--so perhaps I don't fully understand exactly what you are
describing.

Caveman