[pmwiki-users] Special chars in wikilib.d/files

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Mar 23 08:33:51 CST 2006

At 2006-03-23  08:19 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>So, since there's not a universally available function in PHP to
>convert strings to and from UTF-8, we're stuck with having to
>perform a variety of workarounds.  At present I'm thinking that
>we'll url-encode page names, so that a page named
>"PmWikiDe.AdministratorPasswörter" would be stored in a file
>named "PmWikiDe.AdministratorPassw%f6ter".

I was not sure if this would present problems for
uploads, but given my recent experience with huge
filenames full of commas, I thought it might be worthwhile raising the issue.

I tried uploading a file named
"AdministratorPasswörter.pdf" from my Windows
desktop machine to PmWiki 2.1.3 running on
Apache/Windoze 2000 Server. It worked just fine
and preserved the filename. The download link has the appropriate URL encoding.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668