[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Mar 23 09:43:25 CST 2006

At 2006-03-23  09:15 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:57:08PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > Time to try lighttpd ? ;-)
>
>I don't think that's a possibility for me, since all of the
>server-management scripts from my hosting provider (and used by
>some of my clients) really expect to be run from Apache and
>to be manipulating Apache configuration files.
>
>But it's a good thought... :-)

I like the idea, but lighttpd need to run with Cygwin under Windoze
and I am loath to add any more stuff I know nothing about to the
server - especially if it involves Unix-like things. My brain is
blissfully Unix-free right now.

This might be a more attractive option for new admins if it came
bundled like the various LAMP/WAMP/XAMP packages.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668