[pmwiki-users] PHP help with the " if " control statement

Miller, Joshua web at cityofelmira.net
Thu Mar 23 10:09:34 CST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Herber [mailto:nospam at eton.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:59 AM
To: Miller, Joshua; pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] PHP help with the " if " control statement

At 2006-03-23  10:41 AM -0500, Miller, Joshua is rumored to have said:
>Try
>
>     if(!empty($_GET["link")) {
>
>Hagan
>...snip...
>
>Hagan,
>That doesn't work...  When I reload the page, I get a blank white
>page...the recipe breaks the wiki.
>-Josh

If you just did a cut-n-paste, it looks to me like one of the
parentheses got changed to a bracket. Does:

   if(!empty($_GET("link")) {

work any better?

Neil,

No, it does the same thing.

My guess is I'm having a problem using an if statement in the middle of
the concatenations and assignments.  Does that make sense?  Here's the
text again:

        $rcpage['text'] = $before.
           /*   "\n$$$$\$default".  pog? */
                "\n"
                ."(:if date "
                .StripCSlashes($_GET["srtdate"])
                .".."
                .StripCSlashes($_GET["enddate"])
                .":)"
                ."\n!"
                .StripCSlashes($_GET["header"])
                ."\n"
                .StripCSlashes($_GET['desc'])
                ."\\\\"
                ."\n"
  #              if($_GET["link"]!=""){
                    ."  [["
                    .($_GET["link"])
                    ."| »Click here for more]]"
   #             }
                ."\n"
                ."(:ifend:)"
                .$after;
        WritePage($pagename,$rcpage);

If I comment out as indicated above, the wiki doesn't go blank (but the
if statement is obviously ignored), so I'm left to believe that I'm
either having a problem with the syntax of the if statement or the if
statement can't go there....in which case, how do I set up a
conditional?  Anybody have any ideas?

-Josh