[pmwiki-users] if new page templates exist, where are the docs?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Mar 23 12:13:19 CST 2006

I thought that one of the more recent updates to PmWiki added what I
would call "new page templates". Where are they documented, if they exist?

I need to be able to prefill the edit box for a new page in certain
groups with some standard bumpf, which the author can choose to keep or edit.

So, for example, when an author creates a new page in Profiles, I
want it prefilled with something like:

!!your name and title

!!!Short bio
Fred has worked at ABC corp since 1942 and ...

!!!Contact info
Department: xxx
Room number: xxx
Phone extension: xxx
Email address: xxx

I do NOT want to use any of the form based recipes to perform this function.

I have searched PmWiki.org with "prefilled", "page template",
"template", all to no avail.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/