[pmwiki-users] bug in commentbox

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 21:32:16 CST 2006

On Friday, 24 March 2006 5:38 AM, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
>Thursday, March 23, 2006, 3:12:19 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> I don't have a great answer for this (other than it's another
>> PHP brain-dead feature) -- for now I'd suggest adding the slashes
>> only if get_magic_quotes_gpc() returns true.
>
>Thanks for the info!
>I added the following code to the various handling functions in
>commentboxstyled.php:
>
>   if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()==1)
>        $page['text'] = addslashes($page['text']);
>
>commentboxstyled.php is updated on pmwiki.org.
>
>Best,
> Hans

I'm sorry for not responding sooner; the last little while
has been fraught...

Commentbox and Commentboxstyled obviously have huge overlap
and it seems a pity to be duplicating scarce effort.

Should I perhaps have a look at whether we can merge them?
Or let the more advanced commentboxstyled take over and
drop commentbox.

Meanwhile, I'll update commentbox.php this weekend.

--
JR