[pmwiki-users] Condition on authority to another page

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 06:52:20 CST 2006

On 3/24/06, Allister Jenks <arj at zkarj.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to condition text on the current user's authority to
> another named page?
>
> I want to show a list of links to say 10 pages.  Each user may have access
> to none, some or all of those pages.  I want all users to see all 10 links
> but I want to visually mark those they have access to.  The idea is I want
> them to see what they're missing, so they will fork over some money to see
> them.  I'm not sure yet, but I think I want the links to be images.

Some time ago, in another thread, PM said he was considering these:

 (:if !equal {$PasswdEdit} "":) -- current page has an edit password
 (:if equal {$PasswdEdit} "@_nopass":) -- edit password is set to "@_nopass"

other built-in authorization groups I'm considering are

   @_nopass          no password is needed (currently "nopass")
   @_authid          person is authenticated (currently "id:*")
   @_edit            use site edit privileges
   @_admin           locked to all users except admin
   @_locked          same as @_admin

I haven't worked with AuthUser since 2.0, so I don't know whether the
authorization groups or the {$PasswdEdit} variable have been built into the
script, but if they have been or are, some of this might be useful...