[pmwiki-users] Could PageList to be devided to several pages automaticly?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 24 07:29:36 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:11:02AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Friday, March 24, 2006, 2:05:31 AM, Elias wrote:
> > For example, suggest I have 100 pages of a group. If I just use
> > (:PageList:) to display them, there may be too much things
> > displayed and
> > hard to open the page and read them. If I add the "count=20"
> > parameter,
> > there is no way to see the other 80 pages.
>
> Perhaps with a syntax like
> count=20      first twenty pages
> count=21..40  next twenty pages

Oh, that's a possibility.  I've been thinking of having something like:

    start=21 count=20

except I can't decide if the parameter should be called "start", "first",
"skip", or ...

(Using a separate "start" parameter is nice, because it makes it
easier to do something like

   (:pagelist ... count=10 start={?start} :)

where the starting point can be indicated by a link of some sort.