[pmwiki-users] pmwiki broken under Apache 2.2/PHP 5.1.2

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 24 17:02:48 CST 2006

On 3/24/06, Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I upgraded to Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.1.2 and PmWiki broke. I'm
> running pmwiki-2.1.0.
>
> If you surf to http://www.sti.pooq.com/rexpolo, you'll see my main wiki
> page (I've been experimenting with the .css as well, which is why it
> looks bad under IE). So far, so good (although if you surf to
> http://sti.pooq.com/rexpolo you get a very different effect, but I
> suspect that's an Apache problem.)
>
> Anyway, the trouble is that none of the wiki links show anything but the
> main page. Surf to http://sti.pooq.com/rexpolo/Legal/Citizen and you get
> the exact same page. It used to work fine before the upgrade.
>
> I've turned on diag and it seems to work, but I don't seen anything
> obviously if I look at
>
>   http://sti.pooq.com/rexpolo/Legal/Citizen?action=diag
>
> At this point I could have PHP misconfigured, Apache misconfigured, or
> both, I have no idea what could cause this behaviour. Any ideas?

Try adding a test wiki according to the instructions here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSetupByExample#wiki_one

and see if you can surf its pages. Probably so.  If so, convert the
new test wiki to CleanUrls using the instructions here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#samedir

If you get Clean URLs to work on that wiki, you will probably see
what's wrong with the other one.  If not, you may need to look at the
server configuration.

If you leave the test wiki installed, be sure to set a global edit password.

Hagan