[pmwiki-users] Upgrade to 2.1.3 - indents lost for prefomatted blocks?

Bruce Files bruce.files at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:41:46 CST 2006

On 3/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 12:03:16PM -0600, Bruce Files wrote:
> > In pmwiki 2.0.11 this wiki text worked great:
> >
> > # this is first step
> > [@here is an example of a command
> > and its output as a preformatted block
> > that hopefully indents to match the paragraph above
> > @]
> >
> > # this is step two
> >
> > After upgrading to 2.1.3, this no longer works.  The preformatted
> > block is no longer indented to match the paragraph above it.
>
> Odd.  In earlier versions the preformatted text shouldn't have
> been indented as part of the numbered item  (i.e.,  you found
> an unexplored case in PmWiki).
>
> At the moment I'm not entirely sure of an easy way to get the
> old behavior back that won't also cause other things to break.
> The way PmWiki expects to see the above written now is more
> like:
>
>     # this is first step
>       [@here is an example of a command
>     and its output as a preformatted block
>     that hopefully indents to match the paragraph above
>     @]
>
>     # this is step two
>
> I.e., the [@ needs to line up with the "this" in the list
> item above it.

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

> I'll see if I can come up with something for you, however.

It would be great if I did not have to convert all the existing pages,
but if it proves too problematic to support this unexplored case I'll
certainly understand.  I just want to get a rule for automatically
indenting pre-formatted blocks that I can trust to continue working
for future releases.

Bruce