[pmwiki-users] Wiki trails: feature/change request

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:17:56 CST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Hans wrote:

> you can do this with a dynamic trail created with pagelist. Add to
> Site.PageListTemplates:

This will probably amount to a feature request related to the wiki trails
and/or the pagelist-directive. I wonder how I can have a trail that is
both explicitly specified by a normal trail list, while also containing
pages which are found using a pagelist-directive.

As a starting point, I tested Hans' #grouptrail in a test group:

	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/TestPageList/TestPageList

where that page contains:

	* [[Page 1]]
	* [[Page 2]]
	* [[Page 3]]

	(:pagelist group={$Group} -trail=TestPageList \
		   fmt=simple list=normal:)

(Please note that the '-trail=...' didn't work) and the page
TestPageList.GroupHeader contains:

	(:pagelist trail=TestPageList fmt=PagelistTemplates#grouptrail:)

The pagelist template is defined on the page PageListTemplate and looks
like this:

	[[#grouptrail]]
	(:if equal {$FullName} {=$FullName}:)
	[[{<$FullName}|+]] | [[{$Group}]] | [[{>$FullName}|+]]
	(:if:)
	[[#grouptrailend]]

This works well for pages explicitly listed in TestPageList, i.e. the
trail page. There are unfortunately two unsolved problems as I see it:

* I don't know how to make the (:pagelist:) on the trail page only
  list pages not already in the trail... (-trail=... doesn't work)

* I don't know how to make the trail code also use the pages not
  listed explicitly on the trail page, but implicitly listed via the
  (:pagelist:)-directivey.

Any suggestions?

best regards
/Christian