[pmwiki-users] pmwiki broken under Apache 2.2/PHP 5.1.2

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Sun Mar 26 17:02:29 CST 2006

Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> It's probably not Apache but FastCgi. I had similar hiccups when
> transitioning from Cgi to FastCgi - PHP offers its own FastCgi daemon,
> initial versions were buggy and did the Wrong Thing with the environment
> variables. That bug seems to have persisted long enough that some PHP
> scripts relied on the buggy behavior; anyway, newer PHP releases don't
> fix the bug by default, but offer a cgi.fix_pathinfo directive for
> php.ini that activates the fix. (Well, I think the results are just
> slightly less buggy. PHP-under-FastCgi with cgi.fix_pathinfo switched on
> still doesn't give you the same environment as PHP-under-Cgi, or
> PHP-under-mod_php.)

Great! I'll look into this. If I can tweak the php.ini settings to do
the right thing, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll go with PM's suggested fix.

Either way, thanks! I've been tearing my hair out over this, and I don't
have much left to spare!

I suppose I could also switch back to mod_php. I put FastCGI, in place
to work around an unrelated problem I was having with mod_php. Since I
get the same behaviour with FastCGI, I'm now having to assume that
there's a bug in the new Apache relating to the ServerAlias directive.

My next stop is the Apache users group to ask about it.