[pmwiki-users] RichEdit : someone can help ?

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:35:59 CST 2006

Could not find the post in the archive ... so i am reposting . That's wired
thou ....

I am trying to add RichEdit to my pmWiki box.
I have followed the specs found  @
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RichEdit .

I double checked the perl prerequisites :

cpan> install HTML::Tree
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:10:08 GMT
HTML::Tree is up to date.

cpan> install HTML::Entities
HTML::Entities is up to date.

cpan> install URI
URI is up to date.

I checked that the stuff was in the right place and checked that
$RichEdit_PerlDirectory was pointing to cgi-bin dir.
I also removed the skin ( thinking it was a skin problem ) so I am running a
plain pmwiki farm.

What i see in my javascript console is :
Error : insButton is not defined.

I checked the farmconfig.php and there is no reference about guibuttons . In
the field's config.php the following is set :
##  PmWiki comes with graphical user interface buttons for editing;
##  to enable these buttons, set $EnableGUIButtons to 1.
$EnableGUIButtons = 1;

Where am I wrong ??

TIA

Marco