[pmwiki-users] edit template for specific pages

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 16:36:23 CST 2006

On 3/17/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:53:48PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:38:28PM +0100, noskule wrote:
> > > hi list
> > > How do I setup a rule that a pagetemplate  will be used if the
> pagename
> > > is "GroupConfiguration" ?
>
>     $EditTemplatesFmt = 'Site.{$Name}Template';
>
> Yes, just one line!
>
> This will look in the Site group for a template page matching
> the name of the current page.  Thus Site.GroupConfigurationTemplate
> would be used for any page named "GroupConfiguration",
> Site.HomePageTemplate would be used for any page named "HomePage", etc.
> Of course, if there's no matching Site.*Template page, then
> no template is used.

This is dynamite.  Then is this doable now, or would any wizard care to
concoct the code for:

$EditTemplatesFmt<http://universal21.emergencydigital.com/PmWiki/EditVariables#EditTemplatesFmt>=
'Site.*{$Name}Template';

So that I can create Site/FooTemplate, and then when, in any wikigroup,
someone creates pages AFoo, BFoo, and CFoo, the *Foo template is applied to
all three?