[pmwiki-users] Side Bar

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:51:48 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, Thomas Lederer <celok at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> well there is the Default Sidebar (in Site group) which is (by default)
> displayed in all groups that do not provide an own Sidebar.
>
> In the template this is done by
> <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->
>
> Which reads as "take $Group.SideBar, and if none exists for the current
> group then take $SiteGroup.Sidebar"
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Tom
>
> amanda.swan at thomson.com schrieb am 29.03.2006 16:32 Uhr:
> > How do I get the side bar to not change when I'm in different groups?
> > For example, I have Design Support and Integration in the side bar. As
> > soon as I go to a page within Integration, it then changes Design
> > Support to be a new page within the Integration group. The side bar
> > should always stay no matter what group I'm in.
> > Thanks!

And because that the SiteGroup.SideBar is visible from multiple wikigroups,
it's necessary to qualify the names of all links on that SideBar.  So, for
example, a link to a page in the Main wikigroup must read [[Main/Design
Support]], NOT just [[Design Support]] (Ask for more detail or examples if
that isn't clear).