[pmwiki-users] the joy of intermap

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 15:00:58 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:34:29AM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Dominique Faure <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/29/06, Bronwyn Boltwood <bronwyn at bronwynb.info> wrote:
> > > I've looked through the docs several times and can't see how to do
> > > this.  The obvious solution, [[Field2: | field 2 homepage]] doesn't
> > > work.  So how do I make such a link?
> >
> > You were but very close. You should have a try with:
> >  [[Field2:. | field 2 homepage]]
>
> That works.  So I edited the InterMap page.  Someone who actually
> knows what the format for Site.Intermap should edit some documentation
> too...  :)

It's Site.InterMap (capital 'M'), and I seem to recall that there
were some problems with it working until the later 2.1.beta
releases (although it should definitely work in 2.1.0 and later).

The format of the Site.InterMap page can be the same as the
localmap.txt and farmmap.txt files (except the colon is required
on the page).  PmWiki just looks for lines of the form

    Name:    path