[pmwiki-users] wikipublisher questions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 29 17:09:33 CST 2006

On Thursday, 30 March 2006 9:15 AM, noskule at gmx.net wrote:
>hi list hi john
>I installed wikipublisher and have some questions . .
>
>farm:
>In a farm wikipublisher only works in the main field. In all other
>fields the wikipublisher server gives the "wikipublisher error report".
>The strange thing is that the pdf icons are only shown in the mainfield
>but not in all others.

I do have it installed and working in a wikifarm, so I expect we'll
be able to work out what's wrong. I'll guess that it's a confusion
(on my part) between $PubDirUrl and $FarmPubDirUrl.

If you do a View Source to look at the html of a page with a ? pdf icon,
what is the address of the icon? Is it the *farm* pub or the
*current field* pub? If it's the current field pub, I'll guess that this
is also the cause of the typeset failure, as it's probably not finding
the latexprint and latexpublish skins in the *farm* pub directory, but
is looking in the *current field* pub directory instead.

If this *is* the problem,I'll need some help working out how to fix it,
as I have not worked much with farm installations. How do we force:
- the pdf icon to look in the farm's pub
- the skin to look in the farm's pub

Is your local config.php file setting a $PubDirUrl?

>publishing links:
>I would like to have a simple pdf icon on the several locations (page,
>wikitrail, wikiforms, ...) that leads the user to the pdf option in on a
>new page, so when he is finishing making pdf he can close the window and
>is on he's startposition)

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. Whenever you click either the
pdf icon or a typeset button, you always see the same typeset page. That
page contains a Cancel button that takes the user back to the starting
position when pressed. A user can also click the back button. When you
press the pdf button on that page, it opens a new window for the pdf.

I *think* you are asking for the following behaviour changes:

- clicking a pdf icon or pressing a typeset button opens a new
  window with the confirmation screen

- pressing the pdf generation button keeps the same window

- should pressing an options button also open a new window?

- remove the 'Cancel' button and replace it with a message
  to close the window (otherwise you go back to the original
  page, but in a new window)

We decided that going to the confirmation screen should not open a
new window, as the back button would not then work. The one and only
action that opens a new window is submitting a pdf request.

If you want control over when new windows get opened, this will
require quite a bit of careful checking. I need to review the
pdf2you.php script to see exactly where this option needs to go.

>to control the pdf links I found several variables
>
>/$PageTypesetFmt =  typset on every page/
>/$PDFOptionsFmt = the options button/
>/$PublishTagFmt
>$probablymore
>///
>
>what variable I have to take to link the several pdf links to the option
>page?

It's not something that can be configured locally at present.
Instead of all roads leading to the confirmation page and that
opens a new window, it becomes all links open a new window,
but the confirmation page doesn't. I'm not sure why this is an
improvement, but I may not have understood the request.

I'll see if I can work out a way to make this configurable.
--
JR