[pmwiki-users] Question about the pmwiki editor and possibilities (advanced)

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Thu Mar 30 07:59:25 CST 2006

IMHO the point of wysiwyg less the general easy of use, cause for
example it's much more "easy" to make unorderd list with a point at the
beginning of a line than to mark the text and push a button , where I
have to switch betwean keyboard and mouse.

But things like tables gets  easily  a nightmare if  they are consists
of some columes and rows. This is the ting that I did see the most of
the peaople strugeling, and the advantages of wysiwyg .

The point about customable of pmwiki is probably a point how to use it.
If I use it as a wcms eg. to build websites I want as much customabitiy
as possible. If  I set up an authoring portal for elearning content or
manuals, so its best to have limmited  layout  capabilities, so a
wysiwyg editor with a reduced set of layout cabibility would be just fine.

My expirience with children is, that they dont care about if wysiwyg ore
wikitext. The important point is that it es easy understandable, say
they can lern the system be try and error and not have to listen to long
explanations, cause children learn most easy be exploaring. So to
explain a 6 year old child how to use tablemarkup in wikitext isnt realy
possible but the creaton of wysiwyg table editing is better, but still
they need some time that they can savly  add remove cells . . .