[pmwiki-users] action=source question

Curtis, Clayton Clayton.Curtis at va.gov
Tue May 2 20:05:21 CDT 2006

Allister wrote:
> Clayton, I think this is usually something to do with browser handling
> of file types.  When it comes up with the download prompt, see what
> the file extension is.

(re-sending because my computer decided to send on its own...)
Thanks for the response and the suggestions. I looked at file types and
found that php on misbehaving machines had been set up to open files in
Notepad. When I removed that, all worked fine. I have no idea why, since
the file should have been processed on the =server=, not the client.
Also, I had observed that if I directly entered a URL like
..../pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=source  it worked just fine on
ANY machine.  Oh, well, another mystery. But thanks for pointing me to
the solution!!!

Clayton Curtis