[pmwiki-users] Users subscribe to their own wiki

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed May 3 13:03:25 CDT 2006

Hello, list:  I wonder if any of you have any thoughts/suggestions for
existing recipes/techniques I could use to set up something that I'm working
on.

This is a pretty complicated 'intranet' for a client.  I've given the users
their own individual wikigroups (FirstnameLastname.HomePage,
FirstnameLastname.GroupAttributes, FirstnameLastname.GroupHeader, etc.), and
would like to have a FirstnameLastname.WikiWatch page, where I'll put a
pagelist-generated list of the wikigroups on the site.

I'm sure I could create a custom PagelistTemplate that would generate a list
with "RecentChanges" appended to the groupname, so the list would come out:

* GroupName1.RecentChanges
* GroupName2.RecentChanges
etc

But to use these, they'd still have to click on each one, one at a time. I'd
like to give them something even 'friendlier".  I'd like to give them a very
simple procedure whereby they can add a box, section, sub-page, or
something, to the WikiWatch page, that would actually display the 10 (say)
most recent changes (date, time, by whom, summary) for EACH of the
wikigroups that they select from the list.

I thought RSS might work for this, but it won't (right?) because the whole
site is password-protected.

The recipes/techniques that come to mind as possibly useful are
* http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates,
* http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageBoxPlus,
* http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddDeleteLine.
My skin is custom, and I'd have no problem with creating a special
class/wikistyle to use for >>div stuff<<, as a way of formatting sections of
a page.

Ideas?