[pmwiki-users] Accent (in wiklist)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon May 8 21:46:59 CDT 2006

On Monday, 8 May 2006 4:39 PM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>On Sunday, 7 May 2006 12:02 AM, malexism at free.fr <malexism at free.fr> wrote:
>>> I'm playing, seriously, with wikiforms, and now, with the wikilist
>>> feature. There is a probleme in my language, french, because accents on
>>> letters are causing a strange sort in the list.
>>>
>>> You can see that :
>>> http://www.uzeste.org/a/index.php/LesArtsALOeuvre-MMM-Catalogue
>>>
>>> if you clic on the "Auteur (nom)" col, the last one is an "E" acute...
>>> It should be with other "E"... Is this a PHP problem, Apache server
>>> problem, PmWiki problem or WikiForms problem ?
>
>The answer may lie here:
>http://nz.php.net/manual/en/function.strcoll.php

This suggests adding the following to local/config.php might work:

    setlocale (LC_COLLATE, 'fr_FR');

Or you could try:

    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'french');

See also: http://nz.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php

My interpretation of the documentation is that on some systems, strcoll
and strcasecmp will both use the sort order for the language specified
in the locale. If this doesn't work, you may be able to fix the problem
by using the strcoll function instead of strcasecmp. However, strcoll is
case-sensitive, so may not give the desired result.

Hope this helps.
--
JR