[pmwiki-users] Can PmWiki do this?

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 04:16:29 CDT 2006

On 5/13/06, Allister Jenks <arj at zkarj.co.nz> wrote:

    have another project I would like to get off the ground.  It's only
    been sitting in the back of my mind for about 20 years, so no rush.
    :-)

    Mandatory:
    3) Page types to have mandatory structured data (a small amount) and
    large amount of freeform (styled text and pictures and links).
    Structured data depends on page type.

    I will be expecting 'green' users to use the system and therefore I
    need the structured part to be rock-solid and self-maintaining.  I
    strongly suspect it will involve templates and custom markups but I'm
    interested in others' views on how PmWiki could cope with this,
    including whether Groups or Farms would be the right way to go.

Hi Allister

What will your interface be like? What will your green users see?

I suspect they'll probably have to start by filling out the data through a
form-type interface?

-

I am working on a project called autoforms which automatically generates and
manages a form from required data. It generates the form based on a data
template. When data has been filled out, in browse mode, the data is stored
in the page using the Cookbook:Clipboard.
Fields which didn't receive a value will continue to prompt for input
through form boxes. Absence of data doesn't block the user in any way. The
script supports combo-boxes filled with the options being pages from a
group. I didn't get to taking them from a category yet. Once set, such
fields automaticaly acquire linking.

Lastly I suspect Patrick has been busy lately, maybe on some dramatic
development involving this 'database' area :-))

jm